Sunday, June 27, 2010

Back on the water




Well Good Morning as I type this I have been back on the boat for two nights. After a whirlwind of planes, ferry's & taxi's and so many emotions, also so glad that I chose to lead with my heart! I have returned to my family and our adventure. Ed and Kadee enjoyed Mackinac Island for a couple of days riding horses, walking & biking the island. Spending precious time together just the two of them, as in less than a week our youngest will be leaving us for an adventure of her own. They also traveled to Mackinaw City, Hessel & then to St. Ignace where I met up with them. Nordic Tugs was having a Great Lakes Rendezvous. We had decided to attend kind of last minute, we are not really rendezvous sort of people. We did have a good time and attended a few of the seminars, gatherings & pot luck. The weather has been mostly cold, windy & rainy. We are making our way North from here the port we have chosen to head to from St. Ignace is DeTour, Michigan. DeTour is located at the start of the St. Mary's River right off from Lake Huron. We have stayed here in the past and enjoyed watching the many freighters pass by on the river. They pass through from Lake Huron to/from Lake Superior at the Sault Ste. Marie Locks. It really is fascinating watching these large vessels navigate the maze of the river system. I only have a few pictures to attach to this post, see I am the photographer in the family and I was AWOL enjoy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You take great pictures! I really enjoy following your adventures!